As a Research Analyst you'll be the point person for all things research. Digging into everything from our political clients to political opponents; and consumer market research. You’ll compile research and data that will dictate our creative and strategy.
- Produce research documents and backgrounders from public documents and news sources
- Pull campaign finance reports and analyze congressional voting records
- Prepare and substantiate original research for use in client advertising
- Build out opposition research books on issues, organizations and political candidates
- Manage daily media monitoring clip sets & transcribe video as needed
- Real-time monitor clients, issues and items of interest to clients
- Conduct bias analysis and vetting as requested
- Generate research support for client deliverables, such as op-eds and press releases
- Contribute to curating and maintaining the firm’s research documents and database
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in political & opposition research
- Previous experience in research-style formatting is a plus and a keen eye for detail
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Experience using research databases (LexisNexis, IQ Media, TV Eyes, FEC, Bloomberg Gov) and methods
- Past experience in FOIA and state-level information requests
- High understanding of local, regional and national politics and current events
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work as part of a team
- Able to multitask high priority projects on tight deadlines
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Adaptive and flexible to changing needs of the workplace
- Possesses excellent people skills and ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A collaborative and creative work environment
- Startup that is growing fast and looking for leaders to help us build from the ground floor
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- Good doggos welcomed
- Unlimited PTO with approval
- Company funding for relevant continued education and skill development
POOLHOUSE is a creative-driven, full-service advertising agency. We transform how companies, candidates and causes tell their story. From Google to Budweiser, Mitt Romney and Marco Rubio, POOLHOUSE crafts award-winning ad campaigns and builds strategies that win voters and transform brands.
With offices in Richmond, Va and Atlanta, Ga we're a collective group of creatives, do-ers and strategist who are passionate about putting the creative first and building lasting campaigns for our clients.
Our job isn't our life, but a function to pursue our passions inside and outside of the office. Bring yours.